Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote

Hi Sam,
you wrote:
>* Second, we have Steven Faulkner who in Thursday's call[9]
 > indicated that he was intending to draft a spec, presumably
>  addressing accessibility issues including alt text and summary
 > attributes.  I'm hopeful that this will ultimately address ARIA.
What I have agreed to do is draft alternative versions of some sections of
the spec:
at the current time it is intended to redraft the:
4.8.2 The img element (
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-img-element)
in reference to the WAI consensus document advice (
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/Text-Alternatives-in-HTML5)
my inital thoughts are to remove the section 4.8.2.1 Requirements for
providing text to act as an alternative for
images<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#alt> from
the spec and reformulate as a W3C  best practice note, referencing it
from 4.8.2
The img element  along with relevant references from WCAG 2.0.

I am also intending to review the 4.9.2 The table element section
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-table-element in relation to
summary.
I don't know at this point what if/anything will be changed.

sam ruby wrote:
> I'm hopeful that this will ultimately address ARIA.
So am I, but honestly don't know where to start, may attempt something to
get the ball rolling.

*Note:* HTML WG memebers cynthia shelly, matt may and laura carlson were
also on the HTML WG call and agreed to work with me on the above.

regards
stevef

--
with regards