Re: ACTION-128: Draft @summary voting text in conjunction with PF

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I think highlighting effective alternatives plus optional validator
> warnings will reduce the incidence of incorrect use.

So would you agree to a proposal wherein the spec:

 * Gave a long list of possible ways to include explanatory text for
   tables (e.g. in <details>, in prose, in <caption>),

 * Gave a couple of examples of explanatory text,

 * Made the summary="" attribute non-conforming but made it a down-played
   error, meaning it would get a more friendly treatment in validators
   than a regular unknown attribute,

 * Explicitly said that summary="" was obsolete but pointed to a section
   on how to give examples, and

 * Encouraged authors (with a "should") to include explanatory text for
   tables that met certain criteria of complexity.

...? Or do you think we should actually make summary="" conforming, as
opposed to a down-played error?