[aria-impl] name from subtree calculation rule

From: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:05:04 +0800
To: wai-xtech@w3.org
Hi.

I concern with 3.4.1.1.2. Calculation section (
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#Name), item 2 G "If the text
equivalent for this node is empty, and either the current node's role allows
"Name From: subtree". What is the role here? Is it ARIA role? Or is it
assumed here some kind of universal role?

Ok,

1) if this role is ARIA role then I think
a) the spec should provide a table "ARIA Role / Is Name From Subtree
allowed".
b) should the spec address how we deal with non ARIA accessibles?

2) if this is universal role then
a) the spec should provide a table "ARIA Role / Universal Role"
b) the spec should provide a table "Universal Role / Is Name From Subtree
allowed".

Thanks.
Alex.