From: wai-xtech-request@w3.org [mailto:wai-xtech-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of James Nurthen
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:59 PM
To: Victor Tsaran
Cc: Evans, Donald; Schnabel, Stefan; Jon Gunderson; Becky Gibson; Richard Schwerdtfeger; Sandy Foltz; Michael Cooper; W3C WAI-XTECH
Subject: Re: Keyboard access to landmark roles

Victor,
I agree to some extent but feel that this should be implemented by the browser, not AT.
(as was noted by the style guide group in the previous link).
Landmark roles will be very useful for keyboard-only users as well as AT users.

Regards,
James

Victor Tsaran wrote:
Hello all,
I think we are falling into the trap again of trying to provide shortcut
keys. Let's leave this to AT. You will never find a shortcut that makes
everyone happy; there will naturally arise a conflict between various
keystrokes.

Just my 2 cents.