RE: Keyboard access to landmark roles

How would a sighted user  be aware of the existence of landmarks in the
first place?

________________________________

From: wai-xtech-request@w3.org [mailto:wai-xtech-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of James Nurthen
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:59 PM
To: Victor Tsaran
Cc: Evans, Donald; Schnabel, Stefan; Jon Gunderson; Becky Gibson;
Richard Schwerdtfeger; Sandy Foltz; Michael Cooper; W3C WAI-XTECH
Subject: Re: Keyboard access to landmark roles

Victor,
I agree to some extent but feel that this should be implemented by the
browser, not AT.
(as was noted by the style guide group in the previous link).
Landmark roles will be very useful for keyboard-only users as well as AT
users.

Regards,
James

Victor Tsaran wrote:

	Hello all,
	I think we are falling into the trap again of trying to provide
shortcut
	keys. Let's leave this to AT. You will never find a shortcut
that makes
	everyone happy; there will naturally arise a conflict between
various
	keystrokes.

	Just my 2 cents.