Re: Keyboard access to landmark roles

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@illinois.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:21:36 -0600 (CST)
To: "Jon Gunderson" <jongund@illinois.edu>, "Becky Gibson" <Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>
Cc: "Richard Schwerdtfeger" <schwer@us.ibm.com>, "Sandy Foltz" <sfoltz1@gmail.com>, "Michael Cooper" <cooper@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Here is my new ARIA landmark role example, please check the markup to see if it is what you are expecting for land mark roles.

http://test.cita.uiuc.edu/aria/nav/nav1.php

Questions:
1. I didn't know what to put for a "aria-labelledby" on the "contentinfo" role.  Is that OK?

2. Does this need a role of application?

Sandy you can use this page for testing the extension changes.

Jon
Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
Coordinator Information Technology Accessibility
Disability Resources and Educational Services

Rehabilitation Education Center
Room 86
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, Illinois 61821