Re: summary="" in HTML5

From: Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:44:36 +0100
To: wai-xtech@w3.org

At 13:27 24/02/2009, Steven Faulkner wrote:
>note about education and advocacy that i meant to include in my reply:
>NOTE: the best that can be said for the "ample accessibility advocacy,
>and education" is that it sends mixed messages about what is an
>appropriate use of the summary
>http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H73.html form WCAG 2.

(The examples from chami.com, developerTutorials.com and W3CSchools
aren't really helpful; "mixed messages" indeed!)

I would also add:
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#table-summary-info
* http://www.webaim.org/techniques/tables/data.php#summaries
* http://www.usability.com.au/resources/tables.cfm#summary