Re: ARIA style sheet

I think Matt Machell wasn't saying so much that role:slider was a style
but that we should embrace using something like CSS selectors to map one
or more DOM nodes to one or more sets of ARIA attributes. Call it a
shorthand way to add semantics. If I have 20 sliders and each one is a
constructed by a <div class="slider"></div> it seems systemically wrong
to have to put in all the ARIA attributes inline repeatedly whether by
hand or via a dom walking script. We should have a means to infer the
applicable ARIA semantic attributes from the already stated class or
other other fingerprints defined by the selector. Maybe the problem is
folks call them CSS selectors when really they could be used for broader
purposes. Imagine all the handy stuff the selector cascade process could
do to auto-generate appropriate ARIA markup for the same generalized
chunk of HTML based on the context of its location in the DOM. All those
joys and challenges of specificity could be made to work for ARIA as well.

CB