Re: Example canvas element use - accessibility concerns

I think that Bespin is an example of 'look at what we can do with this
cool new element and its similar to stuff we have done before so we'll
give it a go'. For what it is, it's an impressive example as it's
important that people try push the envelope with new technologies.
Problems come to light when you look under the hood however and I agree
with many of Maciejs points below about how you could fix them.

Keeping <canvas> limited to just a /view/ of the content (one possible
view) would be the way forward, as David Bolter notes. The model should
be a foundation that supports multiple modes of interaction, not just
one. The problem is when the only view is the photon dependent one as
the magic of the web is that we are not just limited to that (nor should
we be).

The rub is when new technologies/methods of development etc gain ground
and popularity that are not only flawed but non-inclusive from the
start. No amount of bolt ons etc will fix the situation and
accessibility will only ever be a 'we're working on it' situation.