Re: publication decision [was: details on report of PFWG HTML5 actions & issues status]

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 17:59 +0000, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
>
>  > They did pretty much that in the teleconference of 29 Jan, with minutes
>  > announce 2 Feb:
>  >
>  >  "RESOLVED: to publish the HTML 5 spec and the diff document"
>  >          -- http://www.w3.org/2009/01/29-html-wg-irc
>  >
>  > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009JanMar/0015.html
>
> As far as I can tell, this is the first knowledge
> I have had of the existence of "public-html-wg-announce".
>
> Like most members of this WG, I subscribe to
> "public-html", which is the list cited in
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/ as being the list
> on which "By charter, [this WG] operate[s] primarily
> by email".  If important announcements are to
> take place on another list, to which (possibly)
> many of this WG do not subscribe, then that fact
> should be made explicit in http://www.w3.org/html/wg/.

Is this somehow insufficiently explicit?

"Minutes ... should be sent to public-html-wg-announce within a day or
two."
 -- http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#telcon

The public-html-wg-announce archive is also linked
from the top of the page, as "announcements".

The subscription list for public-html-wg-announce
the same as for public-html, and both of them
include P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk .

p.s. I considered taking this off-list and replying just
to Philip, but my experience is that for every one person
who speaks up about missing some information, there are 10 other
people who are just as lost but don't speak up.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E