Re: details on report of PFWG HTML5 actions & issues status

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:38:55 +0000
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
CC: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org, wai-liaison@w3.org, janina@rednote.net

Simon Pieters wrote:

> BTW, HTML5 was published as a WD yesterday and I suspect the next target
> is Last Call (in October).

I am surprised to learn this in the context of another thread.
Chris Wilson raised the possibility in a message sent on
22nd January 2009 :

> As Sam intimated in this mail, we would like to get a new WD of HTML-5 out by early February.  If anyone has concerns about this, please voice them now.
>
> -Chris

and the last message in this thread that I have seen is
dated 30th January.  May I ask how you came to learn
of its publication, as I imagine your announcement may
come as a surprise to many members of this WG ?

Philip TAYLOR