Re: RGAA (was RE: @summary in the wild)

On 10/12/2009 16:54, stephane.deschamps@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> RGAA V2 does two things:
>
> 1. Since it is targeted at public services, it assumes most of them will
> mostly use HTML. So a lot of checkpoints deal with HTML/CSS/JS. It does deal
> with all these in an accessibility-supported logic rather than a WCAG1
> outlook.
>
> 2. It also integrates multimedia but to a lesser extent than HTML/CSS/JS.
>
> I'm sure Aurélien (who helped in writing the RGAA) can be more specific when
> he gets back to reading the list.

What concerned me was your statement that "@summary is a required
attribute of the RGAA 2". Even if the technologies used are limited to
HTML/CSS/JS, WCAG 2 doesn't mandate any particular use of attributes as
long as the success criterion is fulfilled. Is the text of RGAA 2
already publicly available, or still in draft? Just out of general
curiosity :)

Patrick H. Lauke

http://webstandards.org/