From: webaim-forum-bounces@list.webaim.org
[mailto:webaim-forum-bounces@list.webaim.org] On Behalf Of Mackenzie,
Hamish
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 2:36 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Jaws 11 and table summary

Hi All

I have discovered what I think might be a bug in Jaws 11 and would like
some confirmation that others may be experiencing the same.

At work we are unfortunately still using IE6 and I have noticed that the
table summary is not actually being read any more with Jaws 11.  Rather
than hearing the text of the summary I just hear the word summary.  I
have tested the same few pages with Jaws 10 and Jaws 9 and they both
read the summary just fine, as does firefox with all those versions of
Jaws.

When I got home last night I tried out the same pages with Jaws 11 and
IE8 and the summary worked fine.  I don't have a pc running a build of
IE 7 so cant test with that, and was wondering if anyone else might be
able to have a look.

In conclusion I think that the latest version of Jaws has broken support
for table summaries in IE6 and possibly 7 but it seems fine in Ie8.

wondering if anyone can confirm or deny.

Cheers

hamish