Re: Is longdesc a good solution?

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> Lachlan wrote:
>> That seems like nothing more than speculation about the usability of long
>> description links.  It's certainly not an argument against doing the study,
>> since whether or not it really is an issue for users, would be revealed by
>> the study itself.
>
> As i understand it david is one of the 'users' you talk about, so his
> views are useful, and there are at least a few other potential
> consumers of longdesc in the HTML WG, listening to them may be a good
> place to start on such things.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But my point was that until we have objective
evidence to verify his claims, all we have is speculation and
hypotheses; and speculation about usability problems is not a reason to
avoid doing a usability study that would verify that.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/