Re: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>

Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> Anyway, my point was to say that the support for @longdesc is much
> better than Lachlan claims simply because all the mayor browsers,
> on which the screen readers usually are based, they support it.

I didn't make any claims about how well it's supported. That was David
[1], who seems to have made the claim as some sort of argument against
my proposed longdesc study.

David Poehlman wrote:
> That was going to be my next challenge.  Even on windows, there is variance
> in what AT and UA support.

I'm not sure what point you're tring to make here.  The question I'm
trying to answer with the study I proposed only concerns the usability
of the longdesc attribute in assistive technology that does support it.
  The fact that there are others that don't support it is irrelevant to
this particular question (although the level of support is still
relevant to the overall question of whether longdesc should be included
in the spec)

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Sep/0157.html

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software