Re: OFF TOPIC - Shame on Google

Joachim Andersson wrote:
> If someone hit me in the face I would think twice about making an effort
> to help him, wouldn't you? I'm from Sweden. The country where everyone's
> complaining, noone's doing anything about things and the complaints
> lining up.
>
> In my line of work I meet many people with disabilities of all kinds,
> who are very competent and they're doing a great job working with web
> accessibility and solutions to help others. But these people are those
> that don't march and such. They have found other, more effective ways of
> reaching their goals.
>
> I realize the importance of marching and so on, but 1975 is another time
> than 2008. In Sweden, Canada and the United States there are laws on how
> accessibility should be a part of development. In Canada and the United

Are they enforced?  In the UK such laws exist but are not enforced.
Even where companies have policies, when it actually comes to buying,
the supplier and buyer often find ways to get round them.  The same goes
for electromagnetic compatibility, a subject dear to the heart of
another minority, amateur radio operators.

--
David Woolley