Re: Correctly mapping role="search"

It's a mistake that it's made to sound singular. As you say, there can be
more than one search tool. Amazon.com has two -- one in the header and one
in the footer. We should fix the wording to say "A" instead of "The".

In general, live region landmarks can be used multiple times in the same
document. I think role="main" is the only exception to that -- built into
the name "main" is the idea that there is only one of them.

- Aaron