Re: function and impacts (was: @scope and @headers reform)

On Oct 4, 2008, at 20:12, Al Gilman wrote:

> Because, in terms of ground truth, it's not the same thing.  Only in
> the appearances created by the literal reading of the markup terms
> as mnemonic.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Aug/0574.html

The distinction described in that email is probably too subtle for
casual authors to get right. Do existing AT implementations make the
distinction? How is the distinction conveyed to the user?

I'd go with something simpler: Cells that the author wants reported
when the user queries another cell for its headers should be marked up
as <th>. Is it common that the author wouldn't want these cells to be
styled distinctly in the visual presentation? And if it is common, is
it better to solve the mismatch by overriding associations or by
overriding visual style?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi