Re: [DHTML Style Guide] Tablist: why alt+del?

David wrote:
> One guess is that if the user is experimenting with Control+W to see if
> it works...  they'll close their window if the DHTML author hasn't
> implemented swallowed that event (since it bubbles).

That's an argument to make sure that the event *is* handled.

If the user is presented with a user interface that has a close box, the
most likely keystroke they'll make is one they are familiar with --
"experimenting" as you say.

I don't see how advising implementors to use a different keystroke for
"close" solves this problem.

--
;;;;joseph

'This is not war -- this is pest control!'
      - "Doomsday", Dalek Leader -