Re: alt - data and reason Re: One more thought...

On Mon, 19 May 2008 19:05:00 +0200, William Loughborough
<love26@gorge.net> wrote:

> Unless you mistyped "quantitative" as "qualitative" I must disagree. All
> of us who have participated in these efforts at consensus, particularly
> the tragedy of ATAG-compliance avoidance, know full well
> that the arguments raised by the very tool designers have on the whole
> been driven by competely wrong motives.
> Their self-denial of bigotry...
> If the designers of these tools cannot at this time
> make their tools ATAG-compliant, why not? and when can they?

I fear that I sit somewhere in the middle here. Certainly, people have not
made enough of an effort to get things right, or things would be right.
Equally certainly, the crime of many extends merely to laziness, and in
some cases that is very relative...

Anyway, here I am not interested in anybody's personal motivation. I am
interested in discovering the thought process that led to the results that
we have today, as a prelude to determining how we can make it simpler for
people to get to the point where we would like them to have reached by
making it clearer how to avoid some specific errors. (I am sure that
whatever we do people will continue to get things wrong for a variety of
reasons. But I would like those reasons not to include poor guidance from
us).

cheers

Chaals