Re: [html4all] HTML5 Alternative Text, and Authoring Tools

Le 15 mai 2008 à 05:51, Matt Morgan-May a écrit :
> Yes, in droves. Even with it as a required attribute, it's still
> taken 10
> years of conditioning to get authors to do it.

Implementers are often rightfully using the implementation cost and
deployment cost before creating a new feature.
These costs are not only upon software implementers.  The costs of
implementations and deployment in educating web designers, web
developers, in creating and modifying government policies are huge.
It is part of the equation. We have to deal with the legacy of the
Web: the shared knowledge of 10 years of practice.

Before relying on another technique (with a different conformance
requirement), we have to be really careful about the cascading costs.

I would be happy myself to have a richer paradigm to describe images,
but this only could be done as an additional mechanism with minimum
deployment costs.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/