HTML5 and alt: The editors new clothes

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:44:53 +0100
To: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, wai-liaison@w3.org, "public html for all" <list@html4all.org>

HTML5 and alt: The editors new clothes
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/?p=63

"The HTML5 editor has recently stated in his defence of the alt being optional:

"We truly do believe in research, hard data, and analysis, rather than
hypotheticals; and we truly do believe that evidence suggests that
what we are arguing for is going to improve the accessibility of the
Web."

Problem is, no "research, hard data, and analysis" has been provided..."

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe