Re: [DHTML Style Guide] auto-complete widget proposal

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:52:19 -0400
To: Chris Blouch <cblouch@aol.com>
CC: Becky Gibson <Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>, wai-xtech@w3.org

Good points, Chris.

> For example, if I type A and I'm in an autocomplete Google search box ...

I just tried that in the FF2 Google search box on the top right, and it
gave me 10 alternatives.  In fact, even as I type words, it's always
limited to 10 alternatives.  I suppose if there are less than 10, it
would show less, but I've not managed to put in the magic character
sequence.

This reminds me of the "Magical number 7, plus or minus 2"...

--
;;;;joseph

'This is not war -- this is pest control!'
      - "Doomsday", Dalek Leader -