Re: Templateid seems dangerous to innovation and competition

Another option is to provide domain-specific properties that can be used
for customization.

We do this for aria-live and the other live properties, which are hints.
If the user chooses to customize how "polite" or "assertive" interacts
with their screen reader, they get the change of behavior in all apps that
use that.

So I'd like to know what the major use cases of aria-templateid are that
we can think of now. Maybe those are cases where hints like aria-live
would be useful.

- Aaron

David Bolter <david.bolter@utoronto.ca>
Sent by: wai-xtech-request@w3.org
03/25/2008 10:03 AM

Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
cc
public-pfwg-comments@w3.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Maciej Stachowiak
<mjs@apple.com>, david.bolter@gmail.com, wai-xtech@w3.org
Subject
Re: Templateid seems dangerous to innovation and competition

Hi Henri,

Thanks for expanding on your points. The "black box" argument is
worrisome and I understand your point much better now. My mind is stuck
in the open source world and I tend to think in that realm. The
incremental innovation argument also makes a lot of sense.

Given the potential import of keeping or removing this aria property I'm
cc'ing wai-xtech in case we are missing something.

cheers,
David