Re: Question about ARIA role for bubble help (DHTML style guide)

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:04:55 -0400
To: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
CC: "'Victor Tsaran'" <vtsaran@yahoo-inc.com>, wai-xtech@w3.org

Sailesh, Victor,

Thanks for your comments.

> Sailesh: If this alert is informational only and does not have to be acted
> upon then it is a nuisance as a popup.
> In case the password popup is being presented, then it should:
> - Require an answer and
> - Require focus to be placed in the dialog.
Based on Tue's teleconference, I thought that a feature of popup help is
that it must have at least one interactive element.  Earl, can you speak
to this?

I am sympathetic:  purely informational popups can be distracting and,
actually, non-informative.

--
;;;;joseph

'This is not war -- this is pest control!'
      - "Doomsday", Dalek Leader -