Re: DHTML Style Guide Listbox Proposal

How about saying something like "Use different styling for the selection
when the list is not focused (hint: non-active selection is often shown
with a lighter background color).

- Aaron

From:
James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
To:
"Evans, Donald" <Donald.Evans@corp.aol.com>
Cc:
wai-xtech@w3.org
Date:
06/17/2008 10:52 PM

On Jun 17, 2008, at 6:27 AM, Evans, Donald wrote:

> 7. Show a lighter highlight color for the selection when the list is
> not focused

I concur with all your other interaction suggestions, but I'd stop
short of requiring a particular visual style. What if it was
"different" instead of "lighter"?

>> 7. Show a *different* highlight color for the selection when the
>> list is not focused

James