Re: closing a Tab?

I implemented a context menu for closable tabs in the dojo tab container.
See the second tab panel example on [1]. The tabs with title "first" and
"third" are closable. Pressing shift-F10 with focus on these tabs will
bring up a context menu with "close".  If a tab is closable, pressing the
delete key with focus on the title will delete the tab.  I thought this is
what the style guide group had decided upon?  Although it would be nice if
there was a way to indicate to the screen reader user that a tab (or any
other item) was deletable without having the use the shift-F10 discovery
mechanism.

I based my implementation decision on the  DHTML Style Guide June 29, 2007
meeting minutes [2]:
TW: options other than DELETE - CTRL+F4 a possibility, have
to get comments on that - what we are saying is context menu and keyboard
shortcut combo fine - great if had property so didn't have to use context
menu, but maybe that's phase 2
So perhaps we made a decision but just didn't record it in the style
guide?
[1]
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/dojotoolkit/dijit/tests/layout/test_TabContainer.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2007Jun/0130.html