Re: ARIA should require DOM mutation event support for compliance.

Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> The AT needs to be able to know when parts of the document change to
> support live regions as well.

Yes, of course.  That can happen through mutation events, or internal
mutation notification mechanisms; the latter is done in Gecko.

 > There are platform accessibility API
> that can be used to allow the AT to listen for these types of change
> events and not necessarily by accessing the DOM.

Indeed.  I don't believe I ever implied that the AT needs to observe the
DOM directly.  In fact, I wasn't even talking about the AT at any point
here.

-Boris