Re: Feedback requested: application as a landmark role

It allows the 'application' role (and potentially other roles, such as
'document') to be a landmark and still fit within the ARIA role
inheritance model.

The main benefit of landmark roles is that user agents or assistive
technologies can/could provide quick navigation to those areas of a
page. In the case of 'application' this isn't beneficial if the entire
web page is that application, but is useful if there are one or more
child applications in a document.

On Dec 16, 2008, at 6:43 AM, David Poehlman <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com