Re: table headers - clear description of problem

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Well, HTML5 drops a feature of HTML4. *Somebody* decided to do so.

HTML5 started from a clean slate. Nothing was dropped.

However, the decision I was referring to was the decision of what to do
with the recent feedback, which I assume introduced new information that I
haven't yet dealt with.

> IMHO, when revising something important as HTML, the right approach is
> to leave things as they were, until you have a consensus for a change.
> Unfortunately this is not the case with how HTML5 is developed right
> now.

Indeed, that isn't at all the approach HTML5 has taken. We started with a
clean slate and had to justify everything we added. I disagree that this
is a bad way of doing things, but to each his own.