Re: ***DHSPAM*** Re: Request for clarification of the case where 'the image isn't discussed by the surrounding text, but it has some relevance'

"Satisfactorily"? to whom? "Semantic Significance" isn't optional nor is it
a God-given decision point for authors.

If something is put into the content, it is (even if the author thinks it
insignificant/unimportant/decorative) *significant*. The idea that we can
use The Web without the accompanying attention to accessibility is bankrupt.
It is everybody's Web, not just the authors'.

The only thing authors can claim is the same "privilege of judgment" as to
what matters as that available to the consumer and if they include it, it
matters. They can't unscramble the eggs.

Love.