RE: Flickr and alt (was: Re: HTML5 alt conformance criteria clarifications requested)

Whether or not Flikr can sustain their business model is not our problem. That being said, is *is* our concern to ensure that we write a spec that is possible for sites like and including Flikr (or any other site facing the problem of huge amounts of user generated content, not just images, but also audio, video, and even text that may be created with poor HTML authoring tools) to publish content in a way that is valid and conforming, while still being useful to the Web consuming public, including users with special needs and automatic systems like search engines and semantic parsers.

J.Ja