more alt rant

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:12:41 -0700
To: list@html4all.org, wai-xtech@w3.org

One problem is that our surmises of where the paths lead are inevitably flawed.

We thought we had it from start with the alt attribute. Any further tinkering may merely be a
seductive way to introduce new disappointments.

If the intent to accessibilise is sacrificed with edge-case nitpicking, we can never get the results
we are looking for.

In essence it in fact "ain't broke" and to fix it in response to irresponsible exception-citations
is simply wrong.

Love.

>From : Charles McCathieNevile[ mailto:chaals@opera.com]
I would rather we look carefully at where the paths
lead, and then choose the one that gets to the result that we are looking
for.