Re: some reflections on @alt usage

I think we sometimes underestimate the value of good web authoring tools
where good is defined as ones which at least warn about or flag bad
accessibility practices such as leaving out the alt text. We can have
good specs and push to get a11y in our web developer training but a
publishing/authoring tool which consistently nags the user when they
leave out the alt tag may, in the end, have the greatest positive effect.

CB