Re: Another summary of alt="" issues and why the spec says what it says

Le 18 avr. 2008 à 15:34, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Steven Faulkner wrote:
>>>
>>> Isn't the association already pretty obvious?
>>
>> To you perhaps, but unless there is an explicit association it
>> would not
>> be *obvious* in a programmatic sense. could be wrong though.
>
> I agree it wouldn't necessarily be obvious to the computer, but it's
> the
> user that matters, and I can't really see why the association
> wouldn't be
> obvious to the user.

* A series of photos/descriptions. You will not be able to not if the
description is for the picture below or above. Sometimes this is
conveyed by the layout. When the layout is lost it will be in some
cases hard to associate the right image with the right description.
* Another issue is the description being really somewhere else in the
page and not in the linear flow of the text.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/