RE: Disparity between WCAG 2.0 and HTML5 editors definition of text alternative

Ian Hickson wrote:

> I disagree with this advice; I think it is harmful as it confuses
> titles  and captions with alternatives, and it removes the ability
> for an AT to  distinguish images that can be replaced by text with no
> indication of the  image's existence with images that are key to the
> content.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but enforcing your opinion in
contradiction to the W3C's opinion when crafting a W3C spec is wrong - the
specification should defer to previously agreed to terms and terminology
within the W3C.

JF