Re: New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft contradicts WCAG 1 & WCAG 2 (draft)

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> Currently the IMG section of the draft HTML5 spec contains normative and
> informative statements about the alt attribute and how it is to be used,
> that contradict the normative and informative statements in WCAG 1.0 and
> WCAG 2.0 (draft).

Could the relevant parts of both documents please be quoted? I haven't
been able to find a contradiction.

In particular, in WCAG 1, checkpoint 1.1 doesn't cover the cases where
HTML5 allows (under strong cautions) for alt to be omitted, and he
techniques document doesn't cover those cases either. So it isn't so much
that HTML5 contradicts WCAG1, as far as I can tell -- it agrees with it,
but covers more cases.