Re: [html4all] New issue: IMG section of HTML5 draft contradicts WCAG 1 & WCAG 2 (draft)

Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>>>     'alt="<no ALT text available>"'
>>  > ...
>>
>> How is that better than not having a value at all?
>
> By "no value at all", do you mean (a) "no ALT attribute"

Yes.

> (in which case the answer is that my proposal is
> syntactically valid, assuming a mandate for ALT

Well, if we insist on requiring the attribute, than not having the
attribute is invalid. Invalid is bad. This is why we are having this
discussion, aren't we?

> atributes), or (b) a null ALT attribute, in which case
> the latter is reserved for images that do not
> contribute to the content of the page.

I would call that an empty attribute.

BR, Julian