James Clark on signed data -- in context

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:01:04 -0400
To: wai-xtech@w3.org

Dave Pawson was kind enough to bring this entry in James Clark's Blog
to my attention.

http://blog.jclark.com/2007/10/bytes-not-infosets.html

This is in the domain of Internet security practices one can live with
but that are by design outside the scope of the Web Security Context
Working Group.

I found the remarks balanced and insightful (no surprise there).

I found the discussion interesting for the parallels with the issues that
divide HTML and XHTML2 Working Groups.  Don't know if that
would have been obvious or not.  Certainly you might not expect
relevant commentary to come from so far afield as XML security.
But leave it to James to expose the intrinsic architectural parallels.

Makes me want to read the one about "Why not SMIME?"

Al