Drag-n-Drop Use Cases - Corrected

From: Earl Johnson <Earl.Johnson@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 20:43:46 -0700
To: wai-xtech@w3.org

Hi;

I accidently sent an earlier draft. The below includes a couple
additonal use cases. I sent this as a strawman list of uses that
may well be incomplete.

Appologies for any confusion this causes

Earl

-------------------

		D-n-D Use Cases

Earl Johnson
09/22/07
Sun Microsystems

An object includes selected/highlighted text, graphics, etc.

These use cases are meant to hilite all that occurs from a
mouse-only d-n-d perspective, taking you from the initial object
selection to completion of the action. The following are d-n-d
operations that should be possible from the keyboard when it is
being used for d-n-d operations.

1. select, grab, move, and deposit an object to other
directory/area[s]
2. select, grab, move, and deposit an object to someplace else in
the current directory/area[s]
3. select, grab, move, and deposit multiple object to other
directory/areas]
4. select, copy, grab, move, and paste an object to other
directory/area[s]
5. select, copy, and paste an object to the same directory/area
6. select, copy, grab, move, and paste multiple objects to
another directory/area
7. select, copy, and paste multiple objects to the same
directory/area
8. select multiple contiguos objects
9. select discontiguos objects
10. select an object and copy it to the system clipboard
11. Cancel the Move or Copy d-n-d operation
12. visually, a d-n-d operation needs the appropriate Copy or
Move pointer to be swapped in
	= must include a "not permitted" pointer for illegal copies and
Moves.

Earl