Re: DRAFT response Re[3]: Request for PFWG WAI review of Omitting alt Attribute for Critical Content

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:03:22 -0500
To: <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>, <wai-xtech@w3.org>

I agree with this.  Vallidity cannot be syntactically determined in cases
where judgement has determined that alt is not used whether for good or il.
>From what I understand, the only way to achieve validity is to rule alt
either in or out.  Ruling it out of course would produce dire consequenses
and probably pre-date the web.  Even though it produces a mess, Perhaps as I
have suggested before, an ew approach to this be sought but nothing I can
think of would fill the need.  I still feel though that alt is a stepchild.