Re: DRAFT response Re[2]: Request for PFWG WAI review of Omitting alt Attribute for Critical Content

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:29:42 -0500
Cc: Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>, wai-xtech@w3.org
To: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>

oh, how about:
<a> href="http://www.mylinks.ocm">have no meaning</a>
this is the same thing, what you are pointing to are specification
media tpes, content types and the like.  What we do not want to do is
provide yet another twist in the road that is already twisted by
providing yet another sink hole for people to throw money down.

On Nov 27, 2007, at 7:01 PM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

David Poehlman wrote:
> Surely, there is no element or attribute anywhere in any spec that
> would say, when you publish your documents, not only must you use an
> alt attrib, you also must write into it that the image is not
> important if it is not important.

I don't see this as being any different from, say in HTML 4.01,
recognised link types

recognised media types

IANA registry charsets

etc. Or am I missing something fundamental in your argument?

Patrick H. Lauke