Re: DRAFT response Re[2]: Request for PFWG WAI review of Omitting alt Attribute for Critical Content

Strange, as @alt="" (and the older @alt=" ", with a single space inside
those double quotes) has been the recommended alt for decorative images
for the last few years (even the UK's RNIB have been recommending it for
ages - can find a reference if you need it). From what I remember from
my testing days (currently haven't got access to screen readers), in
default settings JAWS and Dolphin's HAL indeed don't give any indication
that an image is present at all when the alt is empty or NULL.

Patrick

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com