Re: Example of keyboard drag and drop.

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:32:31 -0500
To: Chris Blouch <cblouch@aol.com>
CC: wai-xtech@w3.org

Hello Chris,

> Interesting, but 230K of Javascript seems kind of heavy ...

Indeed.  There are provisions within dojo to create a distribution of a
just those parts of its library that one needs.  However, we are not
using that functionality yet.

The general question of how to minimize the JavaScript download
footprint is on our radar.  Thanks for the information about Mozilla
self-updating cache

I know that Sakai is also worried with respect to various sakai tools
using various JavaScript toolkits and, then, various versions thereof.
It's also an issue in the case of portals where individual portlets can
potentially require different toolkits.  I don't have a solution; just
noting that this is something we are all going to have to deal with.

--
;;;;joseph

'A dog, a panic in a pagoda'
 - "Bob", W. A. Yankovic -