RE: will get back to you Re: headers attribute debate

From: Don Raikes <don.raikes@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:04:49 -0700
To: "Michael S Elledge" <elledge@msu.edu>, "Al Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
CC: "Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "Judy Brewer" <jbrewer@w3.org>, "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Michael Cooper" <cooper@w3.org>, "wai-liaison@w3.org" <wai-liaison@w3.org>, "wai-xtech@w3.org" <wai-xtech@w3.org>

There is also the issue where the scope attribute is not adequate for associating headers with data cells.

The first instance that comes to mind is where you have a header which spans several columns. In this case, the scope attribute does not work properly (at least with jaws through 7.0). I have not tested with jaws 8.0 yet.