Re: lend scope to Headers with @aaa:labelledby ??

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 21:13:24 -0400
To: "Gez Lemon" <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, wai-xtech@w3.org

At 8:20 PM +0100 20 05 2007, Gez Lemon wrote:
>On 20/05/07, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com> wrote:
>><h3 id="h3-13">subsection heading</h3>
>><dl   aaa:labelledby="h3-13">
>>   <dt>Term 1</dt>
>>   <dd>Definition 1</dd>
>>   <dt>Term 1</dt>
>>   <dd>Definition 1</dd>
>>   <dt>Term 1</dt>
>>   <dd>Definition 1</dd>
>></dl>
>
>I left the opening div tag in the example - it should read:
>
><h3 id="h3-13">subsection heading</h3>
><dl   aaa:labelledby="h3-13">
>  <dt>Term 1</dt>
>  <dd>Definition 1</dd>
>  <dt>Term 1</dt>
>  <dd>Definition 1</dd>
>  <dt>Term 1</dt>
>  <dd>Definition 1</dd>
></dl>

Good points.

Let me try a slight variation on that.

<h3 id="h3-13">subsection heading</h3>
<dl   id="dl-22">
  <dt>Term 1</dt>
  <dd>Definition 1</dd>
  <dt>Term 1</dt>
  <dd>Definition 1</dd>
  <dt>Term 1</dt>
  <dd>Definition 1</dd>
</dl>

We have introduced 'owns' to bring together logical units
that are not contiguous in the textual order of the markup language
text.

Two units with the same label would in my understanding of
the way we have set it up would be two navigation destinations
with a confusing equality of label.  To make it one navigation
destination I would glue the non-nested material to the main
by @aaa:owns.

This requires confirmation by the "table of navigation extraction
algorithm" that we haven't spelled out, yet; so what I say is but
a conjecture or one possible way it could work.

Al

PS: I left the # in the reference because in my fuzzy mind they're
all URI references, so I used URI reference syntax.  I had a twinge
knowing that I didn't really know if I needed it.  But the definition
here is IDREFS so whatever works in that type is what we should do.