Re: ARIA roles for Identifying title panes

Title pane would simply be a region with a title. An accordion (if we were
to create a new role) could be a collection of regions that are expandable
or collapsible. Only one may be opened at at time.

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             "Becky Gibson"
             <Becky_Gibson@not
             esdev.ibm.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  wai-xtech@w3.org
             wai-xtech-request                                          cc
             @w3.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: ARIA roles for Identifying
             03/05/2007 12:48          title panes
             PM

Hi, David,
I think of the title panes as autonomous and not necessarily existing and
interacting with one another - thus my reasoning to put them in the tab
order .   They are somewhat like tabs and tab containers but I wonder if
that role would be confusing if there was only one title pane?  If we use
tab and tabpanel, should the panel open on focus as tab panels currently
do, or should the panel open on the enter key press and we should modify
the tab container to also open/load the tab panel on the enter key press.
  I think that accordion pane works more like a tab container since the
panes are grouped.

-becky
(thanks for including the link - I forget that sending as plain text
strips them!)