RE: California Zephyr example [was: Re: HTML WG needs complex tables with accessible markup]

Al Gilman wrote:

> b) the page from which you download the print-image PDF also sports a
> trip-planner interactive application. This is arguably equivalent
> facilitation. I've been in the habit of telling people that such a
> feature is an above-equal alternative.

Yes-and-no: with a large table of data I can do some multi-stream
"planning", as correlations are apparent in total, whereas an interactive
"trip planner" is a single-stream process... If the first result is not
quite what you want or expect, you need to start all the way back at the
beginning: as well, comparative decisions require multiple passes.
Functional alternative perhaps, but not above-equal (IMHO).

JF