Patterns for explicit associations Re: conflation of issues or convergence of interests?

Le 30 juil. 2007 à 22:10, Lachlan Hunt a écrit :
> Now this is where there is a serious misunderstanding between us,
> that seems to be causing the conflict.  I'm not arguing that it is
> or isn't, I'm questioning the possibility and looking for evidence
> to show one way or the other.  From my authoring perspective,
> explicit associations increase complexity for authors, and so if
> explicit associations can be avoided, they should be.  If not, then
> we should try and find the simplest way possible to express the
> association.

Mechanisms for creating explicit associations in HTML, trying to be
very general. So we can see what kind of authoring pattern is the
easiest.

* links
   A document A links to a resource B somewhere on the network.

   <link rel="stylesheet"
         href="http://example.org/foo.css"
         type="text/css"
         media="screen"/>

* nested elements
   A nested element A is defined to have a "meaningful" relationship
with the nesting element B.

   <object…
   </object>

* Attribute values
   The value of an attribute defines the element it belongs too.

* anchors
   Two elements in a page are associated by a anchor

   …
a French-born author of Spanish, Cuban, and Danish</p>

Others?

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***