default value for readonly property?

From: Becky Gibson <Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:53:24 -0400
To: wai-xtech@w3.org

I am creating a colorPalette which is a grid organization of cells with
the possible colors.   I am giving each cell the role of gridcell since
the grid is keyboard navigable.  The role spec for gridcell [1] indicates
that readonly is one of the Inherited States and Properties.  Is this
inherited from grid since grid is the parent of gridcell?  What is the
default value of readonly?  I can't find it specified for grid nor in the
readonly property specification [2]?  Must I always specify the readonly
state for a grid - I don't see a heading for Required States and
Properties in the roles specification?

thanks,
-becky

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/aria-role/#gridcell